Friday 1 September 2017

New Challenge at Country View Crafts

Hello everyone I do hope you are all well as we go into September, one of my favourite months. I just love the colours of Autumn with the the beautiful rich tones of red gold and brown. Today sees the start of a new challenge at Country View Crafts whose theme is Metal. When our lovely Miriam chose Metal I was full of images of rusty things. You know I love my Rust, but then I got to thinking that maybe something different would be more of a challenge.  




I'll show you what I did in a minute but first, don't forget if you win you will receive £20 to spend in the shop. Also my teamies have made some fabulous inspiration which is all too good to miss.


I decided to use embossing powder through a Stencil onto a metal card. I wanted to see how it would come out firstly, but secondly I knew the light would  give the card lots of lights and shadows. It would also look very different in natural light which you can see at the end of the post.

Initially the image couldn't be seen very well so I used Distress Crayons around the negative space. I really liked the affect of the waxy crayon on the metal.


In fact I liked it so much I took into the the face and scarf.


There were no contrasts, which for me currently doesn't work, so I added some detail around the eyes and a hint around the chin
which brought balance.



Look from a different angle 


And lastly all the tones are warmer on this last image as it was taken in sun.


I was quite happy with my experiment and look forward to using different mediums on the card to see what effects I can get

I hope I have inspired you to play along and enter this month's Challenge.

Oh by the way tomorrow's the day tic toc 
Take Care
Hugsxx



SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow Debs she's a metallic stunner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous interpretation of the theme Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful metallic project, fabulous lady!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great experiments Deborah. So unique! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you did this on metal Debs - it works so well and it was lovely to see how it developed too! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific idea with the wax crayons, it never occurred to me to use them on metal but the contrast of the mat wax against shiny metal is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Debs, she looks amazing! I love the little pops of colour from the crayons. Have a very happy weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's gorgeous ! Love her !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lady is beautiful! I enjoyed reading the techniques you used, thanks for sharing😁. It was amazing to see the face develop and I like the way you used the stencil with embossing powder too. Wishing you a Happy September! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I´m back from vacation and try to catch up here ;-)
    Cool idea, Debs! I love the metallic lady!
    Have a nice sunday!
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig