Friday 28 October 2016

Squares

Hello everyone thanks for popping in. I have a journal page to share today using squares in my background. I love using straight edged paper and card in my art  to create a unique page. I recent taught a journal class using them which was very successful, with all the ladies producing wonderful pages.  I was inspired to make this page by Paper Artsy current challenge, which is Squares and Grids.  I will enter this into the challenge.
This page was created using Paper Artsy stamp plate Hotpicks and die set 2 which also includes a Die to cut out your frames. I arranged them on my page and stuck them down. On the other areas of the page I used a stencil by Kim Dellow for PA and grunge page, drying it with a heat tool. I then painted the whole page in Chalk Fresco Acrylic also from Paper Artsy.
 
 
 
 I sprinkled infusions in Violet Storm onto the page and activated it with water. I tipped the page from side to side to disperse the colour and once satisfied dabbed the colour and let it dry.  
 
 
I painted my face and wanting to create an abstract page cut it up into three.
I stuck them down and used Distress Crayons to edge them, blending the colours out onto the textured areas.
 
 

 With a black crayon I smudged it into the texture around the edges and to finish I added my words.

Another look 

Take Care and I'll see you soon
Hugs
Debsxx

 

 

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Only just had time to come and look at this in detail, Debs; but it was worth the wait, this page is just gorgeous!! I love the restricted colour palette you chose and all that texture is just fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring Debs! I love this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic ! I love it !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Debs, this is brilliant! Love your page!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig