Tuesday 11 October 2016

Heart of Gold

Morning everyone, I have project to share today that I have worked on in stages. I do hope you like it!

 

Let's start with the heart

 
Apply a thick layer of craft paste and stamp into randomly (I used a hand carved stamp). Dry with heat tool and then paint a thick layer of crackle paint, let this dry naturally. I used DecoArt for both the paste and paint.   
For the colour I used Shimmerz Paints from the tonez range Ocean earth and Celestial. I only used the Sprays on this heart but the tonez range are sets of coordinating colours which include the Sprays and paints. You can see more of these paints here  
 
Next I moved onto the feature
 
I covered the heart in gold glitter and add the pearls and diamonds. The figure inside was drawn onto shrink plastic and then cut out and heated. Love this stuff amazes me every time I use it. The feature is from Prima.    
 
Next the background 
 
 
I Used the new colours designed by Seth Apter for Paper Artsy, layering the colours and using a variety of tools to make marks.  
I drew some some flowers and painted them, once dry I sprayed with a gloss sealer. Some close ups
 
 
 
And one last look at the whole thing.
 
 
 Enjoy your the rest of your week!
And stay creative,
Hugs Debsxx 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love that crackle...and that background is soooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background Debs and can't wait to get the Seth colours on Sunday I hope. The crackle, texture and gorgeous shimmer on the heart is amazing. Love it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've moved on from the spooky stuff (female vampire too scary!!) to this gorgeous gilded crackled heart - what a beautiful piece of work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig